p5-Mojolicious - Perl web framework: The Web In A Box!
Back in the early days of the web there was this wonderful Perl
library called CGI, many people only learned Perl because of it.
It was simple enough to get started without knowing much about the
language and powerful enough to keep you going, learning by doing
was much fun. While most of the techniques used are outdated now,
the idea behind it is not. Mojolicious is a new attempt at implementing
this idea using state of the art technology. Features:
* An amazing MVC web framework supporting a simplified single
file mode through Mojolicious::Lite. Powerful out of the box
with RESTful routes, plugins, Perl-ish templates, session
management, signed cookies, testing framework, static file
server, I18N, first class unicode support and much more for
you to discover.
* Very clean, portable and Object Oriented pure Perl API without
any hidden magic and no requirements besides Perl 5.8.7.
* Full stack HTTP 1.1 and WebSocket client/server implementation
with IPv6, TLS, Bonjour, IDNA, Comet (long polling), chunking
and multipart support.
* Builtin async IO web server supporting epoll, kqueue, UNIX
domain sockets and hot deployment, perfect for embedding.
* Automatic CGI, FastCGI and PSGI detection.
* JSON and XML/HTML5 parser with CSS3 selector support.
* Fresh code based upon years of experience developing Catalyst.
Categories: www, perl5
Install p5-Mojolicious tgz package:
# pkg_add p5-Mojolicious