py37-pip - Installs Python packages as an easy_install replacement
pip is a replacement for easy_install. It uses mostly the same
techniques for finding packages, so packages that were made
easy_installable should be pip-installable as well.
pip is meant to improve on easy_install. Some of the improvements:
* All packages are downloaded before installation.
Partially-completed installation doesn't occur as a result.
* Care is taken to present useful output on the console.
* The reasons for actions are kept track of. For instance, if
a package is being installed, pip keeps track of why that package
* Error messages should be useful.
* The code is relatively concise and cohesive, making it easier
to use programmatically.
* Packages don't have to be installed as egg archives, they can
be installed flat (while keeping the egg metadata).
* Native support for other version control systems (Git, Mercurial
* Uninstallation of packages.
* Simple to define fixed sets of requirements and reliably
reproduce a set of packages.
Install py37-pip tgz package:
# pkg_add py37-pip