php56-intl - PHP extension for i18n
PHP is a programming language designed to be embedded into web pages.
This module is an internationalization extension, enabling PHP programmers
to perform UCA-conformant collation and date/time/number/currency formatting
in their scripts. It tends to closely follow ICU APIs, so that people having
experience working with ICU in either C/C++ or Java could easily use the PHP
API. Also, this way ICU documentation would be useful to understand various
Intl consists of several modules, each of them exposes the corresponding ICU
* Collator: provides string comparison capability with support
for appropriate locale-sensitive sort orderings.
* Number Formatter: allows to display number according to the
localized format or given pattern or set of rules, and to parse
strings into numbers.
* Message Formatter: allows to create messages incorporating
data (such as numbers or dates) formatted according to given
pattern and locale rules, and parse messages extracting data
* Normalizer: provides a function to transform text into one
of the Unicode normalization forms, and provides a routine to
test if a given string is already normalized.
* Locale: provides interaction with locale identifiers in the
form of functions to get subtags from locale identifier; parse,
compose, match(lookup and filter) locale identifiers.
||>= 5.6.0 < 5.7
Install php56-intl tgz package:
# pkg_add php56-intl