tuxracer - 3D penguin racing game using OpenGL
Tux Racer lets you take on the role of Tux the Linux Penguin as he races down
steep, snow-covered mountains. Enter cups and compete to win the title! Tux
Racer includes a variety of options for gameplay, including the ability to
race courses in fog, at night, and under high winds.
Your journey starts as you compete on local courses. Win and you will unlock
other courses and cups that will lead you to more exciting and challenging
races. Only the quickest, smartest, and luckiest will win!
- Fun, easy to learn
- Exciting 3D courses
- Sophisticated physics result in thrilling rides down the mountains
- Collect herring while avoiding obstacles for high scores
- Race over a variety of surfaces, including fluffy snow and slick ice
- Race in various weather conditions and lighting conditions
- Create your own courses using any paint program such as The GIMP (no 3D
- Suitable for all ages
This package needs working hardware OpenGL support.
Install tuxracer tgz package:
# pkg_add tuxracer